Saturday, March 8, 2008

Sake

There's this Japanese restaurant called "Sake" about 2 minutes from our house. Every time we pass it I want to go try it. Erin never wants to go because there are no windows. That's what he says, but it's really because he's scared. You see, Erin is "tight" with his money. He wants lots o' food for little money. And he wants it to be tasty. Hard to please, I tell ya! So tonight we went on a date. We had no plans so I said "Lets go to Saki." Hesitantly, he agreed. The entrance was a little sketchy, but once inside he became Saki's newest regular. He loved it. It was quiet, the food was excellent, the price was good, and the Japanese servers were wearing cute little Japanese dresses. He couldn't stop talking about it. Well, he went to pay while I went to the ladies room. When I came out he kept complimenting the workers on how great of a restaurant they had. In the car I asked him how much the dinner was. He said "Oh, $47. I think our meal, though, was like $33..." If you can't do the math, my tight wad husband accidentally gave our server close to a 50% tip. He said she had a nice smile and a cute Kimono.

5 comments:

Nicole and Justin said...

HA HA! That is so Erin. Remember when we went out to eat in Fanueil Hall and we sat couldn't decide where to eat and when we finally did and were seated we looked at the menu and it was way overpriced so we snuck out the door one by one. How funny! Good times! We miss you guys!

Ashley said...

I knew Erin had a thing for those Japanese girls. Maybe you'll go to Saki with us now.

Pete and Repete said...

Ah. Rery good. You go to Saki wif us now? We have dericious good time, yeah? No plobrem, okay?

[Note: Pete did not create this comment. It was Repete. -Trying to work with him on 'slur' vocab avoidance]

Brooke said...

My oh my, what am I going to do with my racially slurring, alter-ego husband?

We love Saki! I can't believe you've never been there with us. It's super good sushi... and it's cheap for sushi. Did you guys sit on the floor? That's my favorite part! Man, we have to go now!

Wait a sec, Mego, you're prego... look at you eating sushi:)

megan said...

No sushi fo' me. I eat chicken. By the way, Peter, Landon looked at your comment picture and said, "Peter looks funny. He doesn't even look like Peter."