Saturday, June 7, 2008

Kids have all the fun

We had family night last Monday. We talked about modesty. We included good manners, not being crude and of course wearing clothes. Landon loves to run around in either his undies or birthday suit. Really, who doesn't. I think we'd all be runnin' around naked if it was the norm. Anyway, if Taylor sees any clothing article not on her brother, she wants to take hers off too. This is a big problem if Landon is completely naked running around. We can't have Taylor naked or I'd be cleaning up her "messes" (if you know what I mean) and that's not so fun. So, Tuesday night, we just got done with prayer time during which Taylor had run off somewhere. Almost immediately after "amen" Taylor comes running out of her room naked as can be. Oh, Landon was all over that. In less than a second he had all his clothes off eggin' her on to race with him through the house, while Erin and I watched in amusement. During this I had two thoughts: 1) Our modesty talk didn't really sink in, did it? and 2) I really wanted to join their naked escapade and see all of their reactions. Maybe I would have if we hadn't just talked about modesty and if I wasn't 8 months pregnant. Blasted kids--they have all the fun.

6 comments:

Lesley said...

seriously! what a life they have to be running all around free and easy! blasted kids is right!

Megan R. said...

Okay, I'm so relieved to know that my kids are not the only nudists!
I think Brynn, Taylor and Lesley's Haley would have such a blast together. They are all so close in age!

Unknown said...

No, your kids are definitely not the only ones... We had an incident only last Saturday (chronicled in our blog).

erin said...

All I have to say is think trampoline & water fountain + hot day + 2 boys. I can't say Noah and Jonah taught your kids (distance is too great) but they do come from the same genes!! Maybe from my early days in the fruit bowl on the table :-)

Brooke said...

Go there Megan... take off what you need to.

Pete and Repete said...

Ever since my parents took us to a nude beach in Italy, we've had the same urge. Rarely is there an Elton family gathering without someone shaking what our mother gave us. From the speedo running of the bulls at Brooke's sister's wedding to full brotheral nudity at Cannon beach, we feel Landon's flame.