Sunday, May 15, 2011

Ie Island 1/2 Marathon


Ran my first 1/2 marathon.
On a tiny little island in Japan.
Drank a ton of water before the race.
Didn't have time to pee before the starting gun.
Lots of water + post-baby body + no bathrooms on the route =
Peeing my pants the whole, blasted 13.1 miles. Seriously.
That's pretty much all I can remember about that race.
Sorry if you didn't really want to know that.
Oh...1:44:50.


See the evidence?


My inspiration. Someday I will run as fast as you T-dog. I could
only stay with her for the first half, then she took off--that's
just about when I let everything "relax."


Now...about the trip. It was AWESOME!!! Perfect
weather too. We took a ferry to the island. Camped for
a few nights with great friends. Played on the beach during the day.
Sat around the fire at night. Ate Yakisoba with the locals after
the race. It's now a tradition. Anyone want to join us
next April? It's the perfect time to come to Okinawa!
Ie Island from the Ferry

On the Ferry ride over.

GREAT camping.

AMAZING beach a few steps from our campsite.


This is "the Swan." We went to the store so
the kids could blow all their loot. We tried to tell Taylor why
a swan was just not a good choice, but to no avail. So
far, she's mostly taken it for rides on our front lawn.

Oh, I will miss all our friends that are leaving. That's
the military life!

Myka's talent is she can make anyone fall in love with her.
Even T.S.

Little did I know that this superhero
was sick the whole time. He didn't start puking until
we got home. Erin has been awesome supporting
all the things I've been involved in the last few months


Nothing makes a little boy happier than a
big campfire.

Nothing makes a little girl happier than a green window
separating the girls and boys bathroom.

On our way down to the cave.


Who's the jokester?

Taylor tries to kiss Landon all the time.
He obviously shares her affection.



Cool friends.

Cool friends' cool kids.

The look out.

Cute baby in the forest.

On the way to the ferry, we decided to climb this mountain.




Note to self: Wash Landon's feet before putting him
to bed after the campfire.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

You look amazingly beautiful woman!! And a half marathon under 2 hours after just giving birth like 6 months ago.... ok incredible! Awesome. Way to go!

Megan R. said...

Oh my goodness Megan! Good for you - and I laughed out loud about the pee thing (good for you for not holding it that whole time!!!) Japan looks amazing. I'm so glad you guys are enjoying yourselves and having such a great experience. Your family is beautiful. Keep up the good work friend.

Joanne said...

Yea!!! More pictures! Mom loves you all. Next time try Depends like the astronauts!!

Unknown said...

Wow it looks so amazing there! I am so jelous of the blue skies and blue water! No Far! This is such an amazing time in your life Enjoy!!!

Alyssa said...

Awesome! I wish I lived there!
Love ya!

BryceFamily said...

You are my hero girl:) Congrats on your half marathon:) I was laughing non stop on the pee part:) You have such a beautiful family and you look amazing:) I wish I have your hot body:)

Heidi said...

You are a total rock star. I can't believe you did a boat race and a half marathon. And the fact that you peed your pants, and posted the proof, makes me like you even more.

Jamielyn1104 said...

Hi! I am currently living in Okinawa and am super interested in running the Ie Half.. only I have absolutely no clue about how to sign up for it. Any insight on how you went through the registration process would be soo helpful! Thanks!

Also.. where on the island did you camp? I love camping and your pictures looked beautiful!