Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentines Day


Ahhh, the good ol' holiday of love. We felt much loved by our friends today. It started when our good friends the Harris's came over to deliver valentines. Landon and his good buddies Toby and Ben quickly turned our house into a fort of some type. I think every book, box, toy, you name it was used in this venture. It was sweet! Amidst the fort making, our friends Angi and Addi came over to drop off valentines. Poor Addi. Harassed by all the boys again. However, she is mighty clever with the power drill. So, aside from forts, power drills, sword fighting, harassing Addi, and some minor flesh wounds, valentines were exchanged, love was shared, and memories were made. But there was more fun to be had...



Jo, Ezra, Saul, and Heidi stopped by next. More sword fighting, racing/chasing, and laughter ensued. It seems from these pictures that Landon's bunk bed is popular. Well, apparently it is the place to be. It actually works wonders. If there is sadness, grumpiness, anything but happiness, simply place child on Landon's bunk bed and insta-happy-child is produced. If you don't believe me, just bring your kids on over. Or simply give it a whirl yourself. It was quite a love filled afternoon. But more love showed up at dinner time....
Our Valentines day dinner menu: homemade pizza. But not in the shape of a heart. I didn't want to work that hard. Plus, I don't think I could even do it, unless it was an accident. Anyway, Erin's patient canceled (big surprise) so he was able to show up for dinner ...with flowers, chocolates, and soda! That's right folks. Erin made Valentines day a party for me and the family. Landon liked the soda, I liked the flowers and Taylor liked the chocolate. All in all we had a great day!

5 comments:

Megan R. said...

So sweet! We've been looking at bunk beds for Gavin, now I know I have to get one after seeing your pictures! How many times have one of the kids fallen off the top bunk? I'm just imagining broken bones...
Thanks for sharing and Happy Belated Valentine's Day!

Pete and Repete said...

For some reason we've resorted to pizza on V-day as well. How pizza become romance food, I don't know.

Lesley said...

I should have flown Haley over yesterday to play on the bunk bed-she was a serious grump and could have used some insta-happiness! Your kids are so cute! Sounds like you had a house full. Looks like a yummy Valentines Day dinner! Glad you had a good one!

erin said...

Very cute writing and pics...thx for keeping us posted! And yes, tomorrow is the day for updating mine. I still need to figure out how to link mine to yours or vice Versa. Luv ya!!!
Erin

Joanne said...

Meg you need to post Taylor's early adventures of ladder climbing to the top of Landon's bunk for Megan R. I still laugh! Glad there's a carpet beneath the bunk bed! You all had such fun--wish I was into chocolates, but I will take a pizza slice and rootbeer.