Sunday, November 9, 2008

Halloween, the never ending holiday


Halloween may have come and gone for some, but here at the Palmer place, Halloween is still going strong. The pumpkin buckets are constantly being raided for candy. Then there's sorting and counting the candy that is left. And "Mom! Just one more piece of candy? Puh-leeeeaaase!!!??" I finally told Landon tonight that this week we are having a candy party. We are going to sit down and eat ALL of the candy. Yes, all of it. All 82 1/2 pieces. He was very upset with this plan. He said "No!!! I don't want to eat my candy!!! I'll get sick!!! I'll get a stomach ache!!! I'll get cavities!!! I'll die!!!" Literally, almost in tears because I wanted to have a candy party. Hey, I thought it was a brilliant idea.

And of course "the costume." The halloween costume will not be "stored" away until it either rips so badly you can't tell exactly what it is, or until next Halloween. Landon wanted to be the "evil" spiderman this year. He's really a good kid, and maybe that's why he wanted it. An excuse to be bad. He kind of does act more evil when he wears it. Maybe I should accidently pull that thread hanging from the cuff--a little too hard.

2 comments:

Megan R. said...

Hilarious! I especially love the one at the end of Taylor screaming...reminds me that my kids aren't too out of the ordinary since we tend to experience that type of thing several times a day.

erin said...

One more reason you NEED to come home soon. Jonah got Venom for his birthday yesterday and has not taken it off his body since then. They are seriously so much alike it is scary! But very cute post BTW. You've trained Landon too well with regards to bacterial process and purpose :-) ha-ha!! way to go sis!!