Thursday, January 8, 2009

Little Explorer

Landon is my little explorer. Some day he and I will hike to the top of Rainer. I could've said Everest, but let's be realistic. Anyway, there are huge rock cliffs all around our place and he'd climb every one if I let him. He told me the other day that while he and Erin were out, He climbed to the peak of the tallest snow pile in the K-Mart parking lot. And those mounds are tall! He was especially excited to tell me how he slid all the way down it on his belly. The chinese woman watching him said she was more scared watching him than he seemed to be, "Good job little boy!" So, our little apartment backs up to a fence surrounding a steep hillside with huge boulders. At the bottom of the hill is a forest. This is Landon with a bag to collect "lost things" and a backpack with the cordless phone in it. Just in case he needs to call me while he's out on his own. Oh, keep your panties on--I didn't let him go that far into the woods. And, did I mention he is really good at climbing fences too?






1 comment:

WASHINGTON PUCKETTS: said...

I am glad to hear that I am not the only mom that lets her kids do stuff like this. Good for you for letting him do his exploring!