Thursday, March 5, 2009

Little Dolly

During the day I find little Taylor and Landon messes all over the house. In every room there are dollies, cars, recyclables, books, stuffed animals and other random things. Normally this drives me crazy! Last night, however, I had a change of heart. I went into the bathroom to wash my face, and there was Taylor's dolly laying flat on her face, half on the rug, half off. Just the way Taylor had left it that morning when she had been in the bathroom with me as I got ready. I stood there and stared at that dolly for quite some time, trying to memorize exactly what it looked like. It's funny how such a simple thing, that normally causes such anger, could bring such sweetness and love to my heart. Maybe it's because my kids had been in bed for almost 3 hours and my heart always grows fonder when my children sleep. Or maybe it's because I realized that all too soon there won't be any little Taylor or Landon messes for me to clean up. Either way, last night I really enjoyed the one Taylor left for me.

Here's the latest pics of the kids: Landon 5 1/2; Taylor 2; Audra 7 months
I LOVE MY KIDS!!!!!!



7 comments:

bostonshumways said...

i love it megan. thanks for the perspective. i needed that.

Ann said...

your post totally brought tears to my eyes! thanks for sharing a positive spin on the messes-i needed it too. did you take all those pics? they are so beautiful!! missing you!

WASHINGTON PUCKETTS: said...

did you take those pictures? I love them they turned out really great! Or maybe it's just that you have gorgeous kids. those eyes!!

DJWK said...

Okay-so Dan and I can't believe how much your lil' ones have grown! I love Taylor's flippy ends, and yes- all have beautiful eyes! Hey, if your in WA soon...we'd like to see you!

Lesley said...

Loved the pics of all your cute kidlets!!! I can't believe how much Landon looks like you! He is such a cutie and your girls are beautiful with those dark eyes! Loved the slideshow!

borthome said...

Megan, Your children are soooo beautiful. I miss you, Love Emily :)

Cher said...

You do have cute kids, Megan! ...and, I didn't know you blogged!! I'm always excited to find new bloggers!