Monday, August 30, 2010

No Like First Day of School

The first day of school is really not my favorite. I'd go so far as to say I actually hate it. It means that summer is coming to an end. It means that I have to be more scheduled. It means life speeds up. It means Landon is closer to being one year older. One more year I don't get to see him as much. One more year closer to him leaving our home. It means one more transition. And as much as I love change, I don't love it. And that's how I felt this first day of school. I cried the whole night before. I cried when Landon waved bye to me from the window as he took his first bus ride to school. I cried as I thought of him all day. I cried when he told me he cried at lunch time because he missed me. Maybe that's more crying than normal because there's a baby growing in my womb, but either way, I still don't like the first day of school. I even forgot my camera to take pictures of his first day. I forgot it last year too and had to take pictures of his second day of school. Maybe I'll post a picture of his third day of school since today school was cancelled due to the typhoon.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Why are we so different but still best friends?! I can't wait for the first day of school...good riddance you little rugrats! Tears? Yes, but tears of JOY!!!!

You must definitely love your kids more.

maryanne said...

Megan, still reading your blog so Sofia can keep up with her 1st love, Landon. She's still bummed every year when his name's not on the list of kids in her class. She starts 2nd grade and Matt starts (I feel so old) high school next week! Congrats on all the changes in your life, especially the new little one on the way! Oaklandvale's not the same without you guys! -- Maryanne

The Palmers: said...

Meg! You are so cute! I too have been feeling sad that summer is coming to an end. I'm up to my eyeballs with doctor appts, dentist appts, school, preschool, soccer, homework, hula class, etc, etc. I'm starting to think I've already overscheduled myself. hee hee. Life with 4 kids is great! We miss you guys! Someday I'll update our family blog. Someday:P

Loves!