Sunday, August 22, 2010

House Guests




The other day we went to a park and I saw my first cockroach. It was gigantic and pretty slow. I was still impressed and watched it as it waddled around the bench. The following evening we came home and I was going to put my bag in the hall closet (which is still empty except for a few shoes) and something moved. My first thought was cockroach, then I thought gecko, then I saw it. It WAS a hug cockroach and this sucker was FAST. Erin decided to take over while me and the kids watched on. He grabbed my church shoe (why mine?) and went to hit it, but missed. All the kids jumped, screamed and started running around like crazy and Erin started jumping around swatting in between jumps. Kind of reminded me of Erin killing our "carnivorous" crickets in Maryland. In the end, he killed the huge cockroach and two little ones. I didn't see him kill the big one, but I heard it. It was the sickest thing ever. Guts were all over my floor (and shoe) and it made a really loud crunch sound. It's been 3 days since the attack of the giant cockroach, and we thoroughly check that closet at least 10 times a day. No other cockroach has been brave enough to make itself known, thank goodness. For now, the ants are experiencing the wrath of Dr. Palmer and his ant spray.

4 comments:

Angi said...

I know the crunch.
One time I killed a cockroach and I couldn't eat cornflakes for weeks.

Not that cornflakes are a large part of my diet.

Brooke said...

Nasty.

The Palmers: said...

LOL! Gotta love those cockroaches!

Love your blog! We miss you guys! So just found out our house won't be ready until Dec!!!! Still livin' it up in the TLFs! The kids are in school and somehow I got busier! I already miss summer! Love the pics! Once we actually are in a home with good internet connection I'll try to update our blog. Loves to you all! Tinei loved seeing the kids! She still talks about Taylor!

Loves,
The other Palmers

danne said...

No no no...I would move immediately!