Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sweet Ride


I finally got my first minivan!!! It's not quite what I had envisioned, but hey it's a van! We bought this sight unseen before we moved here, and being able to have a something to drive us around has been great. Some people arrive and have to wait a week to get their license and then need people to drive them around to find cars, so it could have been weeks with out freedom. We are grateful to the family that sold us their brown egg.

As much as we love the shape and color and size and moon roof (that is now broken), there are some things we don't love about it. I don't love that there is only one sliding door conveniently located on the wrong side of the van. I don't love the curtains (although Tay does) that slide around every turn you make. I don't love that wecan't hook our iPod up and there are only two choices of radio--talk or some other random station. I used to love the seats that could turn around, but my children have been seeing too much of eachother and it would be nice to have them face the other way. I could change them, but it would make it more difficult to get kids in and out. So end of story: we are getting a new van. And new means 10 years old

2 comments:

Brooke said...

So did you sell the Burb before you left the states?

Megan R. said...

Meg - I am loving reading your blog! I hope the "new" van works out better for you guys. You are looking beautiful and the kids are SO BIG - Wow!