Friday, August 13, 2010

My new love



Dear Mr. Snorkel
O snorkel....how do I love thee? I love the way you smell all plasticky and how you make my lips look like Angelina Jolie's. I love how tightly suctioned your mask fits on my face, causing my skin to protrude around my eyes so they can barely open. I love how you pinch my nose and cause me to breath like Darth Vader while under water. I love that I get to wear ankle high scuba booties that not only look cool, but keep my feet from getting scratched up on the coral. But mostly and definitely above all, I love that I get to see so much amazing sea life (and other scuba divers) under water--which I've never done before--because of you. And I love you because my entire family (minus the 2 year old) got to experience this altogether. It was a day in Heaven. Thank you Mr. snorkel.

P.S. When I get my own snorkel, it will be a Mrs.


Some AWESOME friends took us to Maeda point
last weekend.
This was maybe a 20 minute window of no torrential downpours.

Our friends said the visibility wasn't very good that day.
We thought it was awesome. And you didn't even
need a life jacket to float.


Here's Taylor on Erin's back. She was able to stick her face
in for a little bit to see the little blue fish.

I didn't get a picture of Landon, but boy he LOVED it.
He can't stop talking about it or dreaming about it.
This is when he is happiest.

Here's Taylor's new friend A. She actually has a friend her
age now!!

There's the fam (minus the 2 year old): Megan, Taylor on Erin's back, and Landon.
The scuba divers are not part of our family, but I wish they
were so they could teach me Japanese.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I love you! Funny girl. This blog is going to make me visit you. Darn.

Brooke said...

You make me happy Mego.

Now you just new to learn to scuba dive. It's even better! Just wait until your not preggo!