Sunday, October 24, 2010

Name Please...

The night before labor began, we thought we should take a picture of me being pregnant one last time. No kids were awake to hug my belly, so Erin did the honors:



Labor began around 5:30pm while we were here and shortly after I went down the sweet roller slide (these types of parks would be illegal in the states):




"Real" labor started around 11:30pm during a nap I was having. The kids were at our friends and Erin was watching a movie. We drove 200 meters to the hospital and went to triage. Slowly but surely they wheeled me to L and D. I don't think the staff believed me when I told them the baby was coming fast. I held back urges to push until Erin found the nurses and doc in the hall talking to one another. Five good pushes and

Myka Ashlin Palmer

was born!
Weight: 6lbs 13 oz
Length: 20 in
Cool Stuff: Looks like she has blue eyes; really long toes; dimples on both cheeks



Welcome to the world, lil' Myka!


7 comments:

Megan R. said...

Megan and Erin - she is gorgeous and her name is AWESOME!
You guys are the coolest couple ever. I've been stalking your blog and was so excited to see this post!!!
Congrats to your family! I'm SO happy for you!
I've been wondering how you've been doing with 4. I think about having another all the time but I just don't know if I can do it...
Much love to you all.

Ashley said...

LoVe Her!!!

maryanne said...

Awww, she's gorgeous. Great name too. BTW There's a new boy in town. The 2nd grade girls like him. But I overheard Sofia say, "He's nice, but he's no Landon." LOL Your son will not easily be replaced around these parts!

Angi said...

She is beautiful!

Beth said...

She is beautiful....as are the rest of your kids (aka my nieces and nephews)!!! (this is jay btw)

danne said...

Congrats! Megan you are one crazy lady for going down slides in your condition. But I have heard that you did play football a week after you had Taylor.
Myka is so dang cute! I don't know who she looks like.

Brooke said...

Love Myka! Super CONGRATS!!!