Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The end of babyhood



I really don't like the end of babyhood. Especially the end to this baby's babyhood. Growing up I never realized how much I would love babies. I mean, I grew up not having a baby around.  And I honestly never even babysat once. In fact, I was very uncomfortable with babies and kids. When I found out I was pregnant with Landon I was in denial and didn't even tell Erin for a week afterwards that I was pregnant. I remember wanting Landon to stay in my womb for ever and never come out. It's interesting how we change over the course of just a few years. Now, every time I have a baby (which has only been 4 times), I love babyhood even more.  I secretly believed that this time, she would just stay a baby.  I kind of thought she really would not grow up.  But blasted all...it's happened again.  It's the end of her babyhood--and the end of me ever experiencing it again.  I'm sad.  (Erin, on the other hand, can't wait to get rid of the crib and car seat and 10 extra totes of clothes).

2 comments:

Annie S. said...

beautiful baby!

Tracey said...

I wish she had listened when the girls told her not to grow up. So sad... But so cute!!