Friday, August 22, 2008

I was born to dig...



We had Erin's sister and her family stay with us for a week. One day it didn't rain, so we decided to go to one of our favorite beaches on the Northshore. We spent the day in the water, climbing rocks, finding crabs, and just relaxing. As we packed up to head home, I was able to sit on the beach with just my three kids by ourselves. I was holding Audra. Talyor was wandering in circles singing to herself and Landon was digging tunnels. It was such a peaceful moment. I looked over at Landon digging his tunnels and wondered out loud where he learned to dig tunnels so well and he said in his man voice "I just do it mom....I was borrrnnn to dig tunnels." It was no wonder, then, that when we went to the zoo this week, his favorite exhibit was the prairie dogs. After ten minutes of watching the p.dogs dig tunnels and pound their noses in the dirt, Erin and Taylor took off to watch the Lemurs chase eachother. Landon wanted nothing to do with it, so he and I stayed with the p. dogs for another ten minutes. Until I told him there was a rhino. On the way home he said "Mom, I wish I was a prairie dog." Today at the beach, it looked like he was really fine tuning his tunnel digging skills, taking great care in every movement he made. His tunnel was pretty rad.


Landon tunnel


Prairie dog tunnel

Other pictures from the beach....




Taylor "helping" dig the hole.





The crab









Hmmm....one of these things is not like the others.





Amy and Nicole







Landon and Reuben decided to play
with the sisters instead of each other.






Deer forest--here you can be one with the wild.
I don't know how wild it is when the deer graze around
the deer food dispenser put there so visitors can hand feed
them. Still fun though.




A little rest.




Landon's imitation of a Lemur.




Taylor getting delirious at the end of the day.




Popsicles to end a great day.










2 comments:

Lesley said...

Darling pics Meggie! You are looking great! The kids are all so cute! Looks like you guys have been keeping busy and doing some fun things!

bostonshumways said...

Man your kids are gorgeous. Seriously, you should be making money off of their good looks somehow. And, as always, your pics are spectacular.