Sunday, August 3, 2008

Our newest team mate: A. K. Palmer



She's finally here!!! The long awaited babe has made her entrance into the world. And it certainly was an entrance. Today at church Erin told someone her birth was "un-eventful." Meaning, no complications. But every birth is "eventful" in my opinion. It's amazing, exhilarating, empowering, humbling, scary at times, and a simply a miracle. Labor and delivery for A.K. was definitely the best out of the three. It was quick and peaceful. I know I shouldn't use that word when describing labor and delivery, but that's how it was for me. I had a wonderful midwife at the Cambridge Birth Center and couldn't have asked for a better experience. Thanks mom Palmer for being here!!

L. and T. LOVE A.K. I don't know who loves her more. They can't get enough of her. I already found her sitting in her baby chair with her head where her bum should be and her legs dangling high in the air. Appherently, T. tried pulling her out. I told her she can't do that and she said in her innocent voice "why?" Gotta keep my eye on that one.

In one week we've seen a few things out of character for Palmer kids. A.k. poops. My other children would wait weeks in-between poops. Not this one. She goes through diapers like no other. Also, she has a problem burping. I think she thinks burping is sort of sissy. She goes for the gusto and just projectile vomits instead. We've done a lot of laundry this week! She also has long toes and feet. Definitely not like Landon's, Taylor's, or Erin's. Mine aren't that long either. And her eyes are smaller and squintier than her brother and sister. But she is cute and we think we'll keep her.

At the Birth Center
There are more pictures, but I can't post nudes on here.










A.k. meets L and T







Beautiful Babe















10 comments:

turleybenson said...

So beautiful! I told Erin yesterday that I'm going to come over so you can teach me how to give birth. Hope that's ok.

Congratulations on the new little Palmer.

Megan R. said...

She is absolutely adorable! And, Megan, you look so great after giving birth. I love the picture of Landon's face when he's checking Audra out, his expression says it all. Thanks for sharing all the pictures and Congratulations!

erin said...

Oh my, what a freakin' gorgeous little girl! And you still have pipes! that's just not right. I need to see flabby arms right after birth...it'll make me feel better about myself :-) !!! J/K. Thanks for the pictures! love ya!
E

The Dorsey Family said...

Congrats missy. She is beautiful. You look incredible after just giving birth to her. Way to go.

Scott and Carol Decker said...

Just wanted to say a quick congrats from Carol myself and the fam. Sorry it's beena few days, but I hope you understand....

scott

Lesley said...

Very cute pictures! She is absolutely beautiful! How fun! How is life with 3? No fair that you can look that great after just having a baby! You are beautiful Meggie! Congrats!

bostonshumways said...

Oh my, I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the pictures...and can't believe what a beautiful baby, and mom, and family that is.

Teeps Peeps said...

Megoo! Baby number three! I love the name Audra. We are so happy for you all! I cannot believe how grown up Landon and Taylor look. You all look wonderful and I wish I could jump around with you and give hugs! I love babies! I love you all!

borthome said...

Megs! Your new daugther is gorgeous! She looks like her daddy! You and your family are so beautiful. Let's catch up soon! Sara had a baby boy Brody a few weeks ago, and Micah had a baby girl Charlotte in June! Torri is due in Sept. with #2 and Rachel in Oct with #2. Babies everywhere-none for me!
Emily

Brooke said...

You are so amazing Megan! So hot after just having a baby. Look at those guns in that tank top! You rock my world:)

Audra is beautiful... beautiful baby girl, beautiful name, beautiful everything. I just love her!