Wednesday, August 4, 2010

July: Pre-move



What it's like to move overseas with the military

Pile #1--Ocean shipment. We should get this stuff in October. What could you
live with out for 3 months?

Pile #2--Air shipment. This is supposedly "express." We should get this
at the end of August.


Pile #3--Storage Stuff. What can you live without for 3 years?

(We had Pile #4--stuff to pack in suitcases AND Pile #5--stuff we needed for carry-on the plane
to entertain 3 kids for 24 hours of traveling).



Living at Hotel de Sorensenito

We were going to camp at our little white house for a week after the movers took away all of our stuff, but some awesome friends made the mistake of inviting us over for dinner. Dinner turned into a week long stay. THANK YOU!! My kids still talk about living there. And I wish I could sleep in that king size bed and stay up and talk and laugh well past my bedtime.







One of my favorite place near our home in Maryland--Brookside Gardens.
This last time we came, Erin's parents were in town.











Pre-birthdays for Landon and Audra



Virginia Beach Vacation
Finally a break from packing and making piles and tying up loose ends.
I hadn't seen our kids this happy to be with us in weeks.




Landon "bowling" at Jamestown settlement


Audra attempting to bowl.



Taylor loved being domestic. Here she is sweeping the old
school house.


In these next 3 shots, she's doing the laundry. She could have
done laundry all day...hmmm...maybe I should set up
a big pot over a fire in my back yard...wait, I don't have a back yard.







Landon's favorite part was the armor room.




Hey look! There I am with my kids.


The cool chapel at Jamestown settlement.


The little soldiers (those things were pretty heavy).





Things I won't miss about moving from our little white house:
mice in my kitchen, black ant raids, human size crickets, mosquitoes, stinky tree, no A/C, flooding in the basement, bugs biting me at night, and clogged pipes.
This is the reason our bathtub wouldn't
drain (remember Erin Pug?). Clogged solid. Thank goodness Grandpa P. was
in town. Nasty.


Things I will miss about Maryland:
People, people, people, the temple so close, school so close,
trails, a basement for storage, and people.
Ah, I'm going to miss this one--amazing pianist AND she has a sweet name.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Let me guess... was the little girl's name Megan? I'm good!

erin said...

ok so that drain was N-A-S-T-Y!! And why wouldn't your landlord take care of it? Good for you Grandpa P!! You rock (oh wait...and his first name is Rocky...how funny am I?) Love you!t

Annie S. said...

thank you for putting a somewhat flattering photo of me in there :) I will be sad when your kids have forgotten all about us and our fabulous hotel.