Thursday, April 21, 2011

The plan: Cape Zanpa Lighthouse






I'm surrounded by well organized, talented, planner type people. They are so good at it and I used to think I was pretty good at it. I've recently had a realization that despite my mother's organizational type-A-ness, I did not inherit that gene and am not a great planner. So this was a no plan day. Just a drive to the lighthouse, which in the end, we never actually reached. We stopped at this beach right around the corner from the lighthouse and enjoyed it so much, we stayed until the sun went down. I'm sure if we had an actual plan, we would have made it to the lighthouse and enjoyed it immensely. But we would've missed out on this. And it was wonderful. Is there a way to find a happy medium between being really organized and being able to fly by the seat of your pants?





No comments: